STEM education is a national initiative to prepare students for careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. These fields are the sector of the job market that is growing and we must prepare students to be competitive in that market. Peachtree Academy is well on the way to building a strong program for students interested in these fields.
- FIRST Lego League Robotics Teams
- Computer Programming Classes
- Technology classes that provides hands-on experience with diverse technologies and development of problem solving skills
- Rigorous science and mathematics curriculum
- Math Olympics Teams
- Participation in STEM Connector/ASTRA program encouraging and developing students interested in STEM careers
All students are engaged in laboratory science experiences beginning in elementary school. Technology courses are offered at the middle and high school level that provide for complex problem solving and in depth study in engineering as it applies to construction, transportation, and manufacturing. Advanced studies support students as they study Sports Medicine working in collaboration with athletic training staff at Georgia Tech.
Peachtree Academy has maintained a commitment to providing a 21st century classroom throughout its history. All classrooms are equipped with interactive technology including interactive white boards, tablets, and student quick response systems. Computer labs are used by all students for research and educational programs like STAR/Accelerated Reader. All of our Middle and High school students utilize tablets to read texts, for quick research, and to respond to text.