Accelerated Reader (AR) is the world’s most widely used reading software and Peachtree Academy is now proud to offer this program to our Peachtree families.
Accelerated Reader (AR) provides daily information about student reading and makes it easy to continuously monitor comprehension, track the time students spend reading, and differentiate reading practice. A student’s data profile is complete only when it goes beyond test scores, showing the full picture—reading achievement data and how well, how much, and at what difficulty level students are reading.
AR’s advanced technology helps you:
- Make essential reading practice more effective for every student.
- Personalize reading practice to each student’s current level.
- Manage all reading activities including read to, read with, and read independently.
- Assess students’ reading with four types of quizzes: Reading Practice, Vocabulary Practice, Literacy Skills, and Textbook Quizzes.
- Build a lifelong love of reading and learning.
Daily Class-Level Information
The Diagnostic Report helps track the key indicators of successful reading practice—quality (average percent correct) quantity (time spent reading), and difficulty (average ATOS book level)—and pinpoint issues as they arise.
Daily Student-Level Information
The TOPS Report prints after each AR quiz to show students their daily accomplishments and progress towards personal goals.
AR data provides critical insight into whether students are able to transfer the discrete reading skills you are teaching to their overall ability to read and comprehend books. Get the most out of your data by learning AR Best Practices through our Professional Development services.